Tweet Follow @YourOpinionPlac

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Food in schools. What is and is not Healthy? What's your opinion?

We recently had an incident of a child taking a diet A&W root beer to school.  The school rules are that they are not allowed to bring drinks from home that contain sugar or caffine.  If you read the label, it clearly states no sugar and no caffine.  That's the beaty of the beverage.  But the school deemed it to be unhealthy.  I was competely floored when I heard this.  The school claims this drink unhealthy.  The same school that I go to have lunch with my child and bring him a McDonalds Happy Meal with no opposition.  The same school that I go to have lunch with my child and bring him burritos and cheese rolls from Taco Bell with no opposition.  But, a DIET A&W Root Beer is deemed unhealthy.  I'm not sure what to think or what to say at this point.  If our educators don't have enough common sense to read a label and strictly make snap decisions, what are they teaching the children.  I think I need some time to really think about this one.  Should I take it to the school, or just let it go?

What's your opinion?

No comments:

Post a Comment